What Makes A Fosscati Bike Different?
Apart from the fact that Fosscati offer an UNLIMITED 12 month warranty on our 4 stroke FG4 motored bikes and a very reasonable warranty on all 2-strokes, which basically speaks for itself in terms of our confidence in the quality of our Motorized Bicycles, but there are so many other things that make any Fosscati bike utterly superior to the hastily assembled and inferior bikes of our competition.
REMEMBER THIS says Giacomo:
“Good bikes aren’t cheap, & cheap bikes aren’t good! “
- High Quality bikes used – not cheap inferior bikes;
- One piece wide crank used on 4-stroke cruisers(not ugly 3 piece kit crank);
- Thornproof heavy duty tubes and anti-puncture slime inserted in all tyres to eliminate punctures;
- 5 times thicker rear thornproof tube & slime used on rear tyres of all 4-strokes
- Hand fabricated 316 marine grade stainless steel sprocket clamp with special Fosscati sprocket to fit Shimano Nexus muli-geared hub;
- Best quality horn or bell included;
- Best quality alloy suspended saddle post including top quality sprung saddle chosen for comfort and to match the bike;
- When it comes to saddles Fosscati always consider the bottom line!
- Best quality alloy rear rack provided if bicycle doesn’t come with its own rack;
- Pedal gearing specially adapted to give good cadence at speed;
- Respoking rear wheel with DT Swiss stainless steel 14g World’s best quality spokes for added strength;
- Whole drivetrain mounted with great precision to ensure best line of operation – takes a full days work to get best possible alignment;
- Hand-made stainless steel strap for exhaust – (not thin galv. steel) and s’steel M8 bolt, washer and locnut fixings;
- We use Australian high-tensile steel to hand-make the engine fixing studs (no inferior foreign steel with meaningless spec);
- Threadlock inserted on all key fixings;
- Locnuts on end of engine tray fixing bolts – does not rely on threads in aluminium mounting blocks which strip very quickly;
- 3-ply 7mm thick dense rubber mounting shield between tray mounts and frame tubes to minimise vibration & protect frame;
- Special brackets hand-fabricated galv steel to ensure 2-stroke engines are mounted to grip downtube without damage;
- Engine mounting spacers hand fabricated and machined from aluminium billet;
- Fuel tanks hand sprayed to computer-match frame colour, kreamed on the inside and mounted on high density neoprene adhesive strip to give good fix without stressing tank legs – other Fosscati quality additions are visible in the picture below;
- Quality Japanese fuel filters included;
- Quality Yamaha fuel line included – not cheap perishable plastic;
- Quality Japanese 415 chain;
- Steel fender cut to accommodate chain and resprayed with 2 coats of primer & gloss paint to match existing;
- The sacraficial shaft key on the drive sprocket can break if gears are engaged improperly at high revs. All Fosscati 4-stroke owners are allowed one free fix if this happens. It normally only happens once, if at all, because once you break it you learn how not to break it again.
- Disassemble & reassemble Schwinn dual sprung cruiser saddle securely with loctite because they come undone over time without this;
- Best of British hand-made Brooks of England leather saddle available as an optional extra. This is the largest saddle Brooks have ever made and is supremely comfortable;
- Good quality rear LED lights specially mounted on all Fosscati bikes
- Fosscati also provide optional extra front lights. Australian-Made LED lights by Ay Up are the latest technology and have a much longer burn time. They really are amazingly good and, unlike the HID and Halogen makers, Ay Up do not discontinue models every year and refuse to supply batteries and fittings for old stock like most of the other brand name manufacturers.
- Rear reflector mounted on mudguards;
- Quality mudguards;
- Chain stretched and shortened to fit before delivery of bike;
- Chain greased with high quality Belray silicon chain lubricant that doesn’t splatter or drip off chain;
- Pedal chain lubricated with the very best hi-tec invisible ‘Gold’ lubricant.
- 250 km road tests to iron out any idiosyncrasies that occur on any hand-built bike – that means we get everything set up to perfection before final hand-over;
- Engine oil changed after first hour of use during road testing phase;
- 15 kg rare earth magnet inserted into oil sump plug to attract any metallic particles in oil because small engines have no oil filter;
- All brightwork sprayed with Lanox lanolin anti-corrosion protection;
- Front halogen lights and waterproof panniers available as an extra at heavly discounted price;
- Parrafin soaked rag included under all saddles for cleaning the bike;
- 12 month unlimited warranty with additional 24/7 roadside assistance anywhere in Byron Shire included with every 4-stroke; 3 months warranty on 2-stroke engines and 6 months on the bicycle.
- Free membership of The Fosscati Bikie Gang (aka: The Mild Bunch) including our seasonal rallies and our Fosscati Big Day Out. For more information on The Fosscati Gang see: https://fosscati.wordpress.com/fosscati-club-outings-other-bike-events/
Note: All of the above are only some of the many things that make a Fosscati different to other bikes. The improved quality has evolved because I have personally ridden over 40,000 kms on motored bicycles and I really know what I’m talking about. I have learnt to include these extra quality components because I KNOW it makes a big difference to reliability, safety and comfort. Transport your spirit as well as your body with Fosscati quality!
CONTACT GIACOMO FOSSCATI by e-mail: email@example.com
FONO: 02 6680 5740 or, if calling from outside Australia: (612) 805740
CELLULARE: o431 417588 or, if calling from outside Australia: +61431 417588
Navigate To TESTIMONIALS PAGE: https://fosscati.wordpress.com/testimonials-articles-about-fosscati-motored-bikes/
FORZA FOSSCATI – THE MOVIE: You can see Giacomo Fosscati leisurely riding two different Fosscati 4 strokes – The FG4 Billinudgel Bullet and the FG4 Indian Pacific in and around Mullumbimby NSW. The Movie is called FORZA FOSSCATI .